Just because a product is an affiliate product doesn’t mean that you cannot promote it in a creative way. You don’t have to only promote it using their marketing collateral. You can add your own freebies, checklists, updates, and more to the product to make it even more useful to your audience. Let’s look at some creative and effective ways to promote affiliate products.
1. Create a How-To Tutorial Upgrade – If you create a tutorial for the product and offer the tutorial to anyone who buys the product from your link, you can incentivize them to buy it. The tutorial will help people who are on the fence but worried they may not be able to use the product. Alternatively, you can give the tutorial away free before purchase as a lead magnet.
2. Write Interesting Reviews – Writing reviews is always a good way to promote an affiliate product. People can read what you said about the product and then choose to buy it or not via your affiliate link. The interesting thing about reviews is that you’re going to make more sales the more honest you are – even if you don’t like the product.
3. Create a Round-Up of Products – If you know about five to ten products of which you’re an affiliate (or at least you’re an affiliate of some of them) that all do similar things, create a post listing all of them and talking about all of them. This works great in a chart that includes the price and a link to the product.
4. Link to Products within Your Content – Even if your post is about something else, as long as you mention a product or subject in passing, it’s a good place to link directly to other reviews you’ve created or other information that helps promote that product.
5. Host a Webinar – Webinars are actually very good ways to promote affiliate products. You don’t have to be the creator of the product to sell it practically as if you own it. For example, you can do a demonstration of a Vitamix blender and sell it via links even though you do not own this product. You can even invite the product creator to the webinar too.
6. Create a Resource Page – On your site, you should have a page that’s either “resources I use” or “tools I use” or something else that works for your audience. List out everything you use in the right category, linking with affiliate links for those things that have them.
7. Create a Case Study – People love stories about other people. Creating a case study about someone who was successful with that product is a wonderful way to introduce your audience to it. They’ll love seeing someone else who has been successful. This person doesn’t have to be someone who purchased the product from you.
8. Get a Higher Discount – Ask the product creator to give you a discount code. While this will cut into your commission because the product is digital, it’s not really going to make that big of a difference. However, it will make the audience more interested to buy from you because you have a discount.
The important thing about promoting an affiliate product is to read the creator’s terms and conditions so that you don’t break rules. If you’re not sure, talk to the creator. Sometimes they have good ideas too. You can promote an affiliate product more creatively than you think if you just think like your audience and give them what they want and need.