When you focus on email marketing, one thing you learn quickly as your list grows is that it works. Having an email list is not just important for your business today, but it’s important for your business in the future. This is because you own your list, the people on your list will move with you wherever you go, and you can promote to them anytime for a raise when you need it.
1. Cross-Promote Platforms – On every single platform you’re on, cross-promote your email list. Post some of your email messages into your groups or on your page, and invite them to join your list so they will never miss this amazing content you’re sending to your list.
2. Use In-Content Bonus Content Downloads – When you write a blog post, whether it’s a guest post or on your own website, use the opportunity to offer downloads for more information about topics within the content. For example, if you’re writing a blog post about the Keto Diet, you can offer a link to a free 7-day menu plan within the content they’re currently reading to move them to your email list, or tag them as someone who likes meal plans.
3. Develop Useful and Amazing Email Content – The content that goes to your email list should be a step above any other content you’re giving. The reason is that these are people who have expressed interest in you and your offerings already, or who have bought from you. Therefore, the content should be more targeted based on how they got on the list, and more valuable since you know who you’re creating it for and why.
4. Open Email Sharing and Encourage Sharing – Don’t just keep your emails closed; open to the list members the ability to share an email that resonates with them. This is a great way to build your email list because when they share it with their friends, their friends are more likely to join your list too.
5. Segment Your Email Lists by Behavior – Most autoresponders have the ability to use systems such as tagging to segment the list by behavior. So, for example, if someone clicks through to a landing page and buys something or downloads free content, the system knows and moves them to the right list via tagging that you’ve set up.
6. Offer More Than One Freebie – Even within an email, you can offer more freebies to move your audience through the buying cycle by providing more information. If someone is on your list tagged as someone who likes meal plans, for example, you can market to them other things that relate to meal plans and move them to an even more targeted list.
7. Create a Social Media Contest – A really great way to build your list is to host a contest that starts on social media. They have to sign up for the list to get the rules of the contest, or they sign up for the list to get the content that you’re promoting.
8. Host a Webinar – A really great way to move people from one platform to the email list is to host a webinar. Require them to sign up and register for the free webinar in a way that moves them to your email list.
9. Use Platforms Fully to Build Your List – For example, on a Facebook page, you can use the button option to add people to your email list. Link them to a sign-up form to get your freebie and sign up for your list. Whenever you can do that on any platform, do it.
Email marketing is still a valuable way to market your business in the digital marketing world. With a 122 percent return on investment, email marketing isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. A properly built email list will be responsive because you built it using solid practices that are proved to work.