The theme this month is Profitable Vacation Campaign Funnels.
Creating your vacation campaign isn’t magic and it does involve some planning. In this series we’ll talk about the proper steps to put in place so that you can come back from vacation with extra money in your bank account.
In this episode, we go over the first step: How to Pick the Perfect Profit-Producing Offers to Promote While You’re Away on Vacation.
As we begin summer it’s hard not to think of warm sunny days and vacations to faraway lands. I mean, who doesn’t love going on vacation? It’s a time to see a new part of the world, spend time with your family, and take part in new adventures that aren’t available in your hometown.
But if you’re a service provider or solopreneur who works from home and are a team of one, if you’re not working, you’re not getting paid.
But today I’m here to bust that thinking because there IS a way you can earn money while on vacation with a vacation campaign. A vacation campaign is an automated email sequence you can turn off and on while you’re busy doing other things, like sunbathing or my favorite, reading a book by the pool while sipping on Banana Mamas all day. Turn it on before you get to the airport and turn it off when you get back home.
The theme this month is Profitable Vacation Campaign Funnels.
I am Lisa Wells, your Virtual Assistant Trainer.
Creating your vacation campaign isn’t magic and it does involve some planning. In this series, we’ll talk about the proper steps to put in place so that you can come back from vacation with extra money in your bank account.
In this episode, we go over the first step: Pick the Perfect Profit-Producing Offers to Promote While Away.
While you’re away on vacation, you’ll want to promote offers that you KNOW will sell. Now is not the time to experiment with a new affiliate offer nor is it time to launch a new product. Pick a proven winner – even if it’s an affiliate offer – that has made you money in the past. You want to know with certainty you can flip this funnel on and get some sales.
Here are some ideas:
- Your current offers. Promote your best-selling evergreen offer(s) that have already been proven to convert. Go through your library of products and compare their earnings. Choose the top one or two sellers to promote.
- Affiliate products. These are also usually proven to sell, especially if you choose products that are relevant and valuable to your audience. Again, choose affiliate products that are top sellers and are available for purchase year-round. An added bonus is if the product offers recurring monthly commission as is seen most commonly for memberships. As long as the customer remains a member, you receive a commission. Best of all, affiliate promotions are easy to plan in advance because you’ll have swipe/sample copy from the affiliate provider.
- Multiple products or offers. You can also bundle multiple offers together and create a special limited-time offer. The items in the bundle should be related to each other and should make sense bundled together. For instance, if you have multiple planners on different topics, consider a planner bundle. If you have multiple products about budgeting for your business, bundle them together as a Financial Planning for Your Business bundle.
- Offer a bonus with your chosen affiliate offer. When recommending an affiliate product, sweeten the deal by offering a unique, one-time bonus for purchasing through your affiliate link. Again, the bonus should be related to the offer or should be useful to the purchaser in their business. This type of unique bonus can turn a hesitant reader into an excited buyer.
- Promote related offers. You can pick a few main offers to promote while you’re away, but don’t forget that you can also promote related offers. For example, if you have a higher-priced offer that you’re promoting throughout the week, but also have a lower-priced offer or product around the same topic, you can send an email toward the end of your main promotion that offers your lower-priced offer as an alternative. (i.e. “This week I’ve been telling you all about my [X] offer, but in case you weren’t quite ready for that, my [Y] workbook can help!”).
Next in the planning stage is to decide how many offers you want to focus on selling while you’re away. Do you want to sell one offer throughout the duration of your vacation, sell multiple offers bundled together, or sell one offer first, followed by another offer? The answer really depends on how often you communicate with your list NOW and how long you’ll be away.
If you consistently email your list and they have proven to be responsive to your offers, then you’re free to use any of the options I listed. If you’ll be gone for an extended period of time, then the last option works best so your readers aren’t bored or feel like you’re selling too hard.
Lastly, don’t forget to utilize your free content while you’re away!
1. Publish blog posts that tie into the product you’re promoting. What paid offers can you tie into the free content you were planning to send during your vacation time? Does your Call to Action lead to your promotional product?
You can send an email about the blog post, then mention your paid offer in the email or as a PS, as well as mention the paid offer in the blog post itself.
2. Give away free downloadables. Yes, you actually CAN make money by giving away free content! Offer a free PDF or other download and then send people to a related offer after they opt-in for the freebie. The next offer serves as an upsell while these new subscribers also get added to your vacation autoresponder with additional offers.
This free download can serve as a content upgrade in a blog post or as a separate offer to build your email list.
3. Share glowing testimonials with your readers. Testimonials serve as strong social proof that you truly are an expert in your field and can also help push hesitant prospects into buying mode. XXShare this praise with others; when you write to tell them about your product, include a testimonial in the same email. Think of it this way: Do you look at Amazon reviews for a product before purchasing? Testimonials serve the same purpose.
Choosing profit-producing products will become easier as your own product library grows and as you discover profitable affiliate products your audience loves.
If you enjoyed this episode and want more tips and strategies for building a profitable vacation campaign, check out Vacation Campaigns Business Building Action Kit. In this kit, I show you how to set up a vacation-specific autoresponder series that gets delivered to your email subscribers while you’re away. All my action kits contain a full done-for-you action plan to give you guidance, resources, and keep you on track with a done-for-you calendar, checklist, and worksheets. You can find a link to the product below or visit my VA Business Builder Boutique by clicking on Shop in the menu bar.
Join me next week for “Mapping out your simple, hands-off money-making email sequence.”
See you then!
Catch up on other Profitable Vacation Campaign Funnels episodes:
Did you enjoy this episode and want to put it into action? Grab this Business-Building Action Kit!
Vacation Campaigns – Flip on Your Money-Making Funnel During Your Next Vacation
Who doesn’t love going on vacation? It’s a time to see a new part of the world, spend time with your family, and take part in new adventures that aren’t available in your hometown. However, traveling is something of a luxury that many people don’t take advantage of during their working years. Why do you think so many people have “bucket lists” with exotic trips saved up for when they retire?
Putting off traveling until retirement does make sense from a financial point of view. For those service providers and solopreneurs who work from home and are a team of one, if you’re not working, you’re not getting paid. That’s a far cry from someone who has a traditional job in a corporate setting that comes with a salary income and paid vacation time.
But today I’m here to bust that thinking because there IS a way you can earn money while on vacation. It’s not magic and it does involve some planning, but with the proper steps in place, you can come back from vacation with extra money in your bank account. You wanted the freedom of running your own business and that freedom should include taking time for vacations, without fear of how your bills will get paid while you’re gone.
In this complete kit, I’m going to show you how to flip on your money-making funnel during your next vacation!
What You Get with Your Kit:
- 17-Page Guide giving you step-by-step instructions on how to set up your vacation campaign
- “21 Idea Blueprint” – Pick through these twenty-one ideas and choose which ones to implement
- 4-week done-for-you Calendar & Comprehensive Action Checklist
- Resource Directory with links to tools and resources
- Worksheet – Use this Worksheet to plan your vacation email funnel so you can make money while traveling!