Your privacy is very important to me. Accordingly, I have developed this Policy in order for you to understand how I collect, use, communicate, protect, disclose, and make use of personal information.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, I will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- I will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by me and for other compatible purposes, unless I obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- I will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- I will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- I will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- I will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Here are some examples of data collection:
- Each page of my site has a cookie that collects aggregate information that is used by Google Analytics so that I can check website statistics
- Facebook pixels are installed on this site which may be used for Facebook advertising
- Opt-in forms collect e-mails and first names which are then added to Infusionsoft in order to deliver the information you opted in for
I am committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Information I May Collect
- A name and e-mail address so that I can deliver e-mails to you – you would be affirmatively consenting to this by providing this to me in my contact forms.
- Billing information including name, address, and credit card information so that I can process payments to deliver my products or services to you under our contractual obligation.
- A name and an e-mail address if you complete my contact form with a question. I may send you marketing information e-mails with either your consent or if I believe I have a legitimate interest to contact you based on your contact or question.
Please note that the information above (“Personal Data”) that you are giving to me is voluntary, and by you providing this information, you are giving me consent to use, collect, and process this Personal Data. You are welcome to opt-out or request for us to delete your Personal Data at any point by clicking on “Email Preferences” link on the bottom of e-mails sent to you or by contacting me at support [at] lisarwells [dot] com.
If you choose not to provide me with certain Personal Data, you may not be able to participate in certain aspects of my Website or content.
Other Information I May Collect
I collect your information from you when you register for a webinar, opt-in for information, place an order (even if it’s free), subscribe to a newsletter or Systems Sunday videos, respond to a survey, provide feedback, fill out forms, or enter information on my sites.
Each page of my site has a cookie that collects aggregate information that is used by Google Analytics so that I can check website statistics.
Contact You. I may contact you with information that you provide to me based on these lawful grounds for processing:
- Consent. I may contact you if you give me your clear, unambiguous, affirmative consent to contact you.
- Contract. I will contact you under my contractual obligation to deliver goods or services that you purchase from me.
- Legitimate Interest. I may contact you if I feel you have a legitimate interest in hearing from me. For example, if you signed up for a webinar, I may send you marketing e-mails based on the content of that webinar. You will always have the option to opt-out of any of my e-mails.
Process Payments. I will use the Personal Data you give to me in order to process payments for the purchase of goods or services under a contract. I only use third-party payment processors that take the utmost care in securing data and comply with the GDPR.
Targeted Social Media Advertisements. I may use the data you provide to me to run social media advertisements and/or create lookalike audiences for advertisements.
Share with Third Parties. I may share your information with trusted third parties such as Infusionsoft in order for me to contact you via e-mail, my merchant account in order to process payments (Infusionsoft, Authorize.net, and PayPal), and social media accounts in order to run advertisements (Facebook).
Viewing by Others
Note that whenever you voluntarily make your Personal Data available for viewing by others online through this Website or its content, it may be seen, collected, and used by others. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the information that you voluntarily share (for example, sharing a comment on a blog post or posting in a Facebook group or page that I manage).
Information Protection and Data Retention
I use a service called Sucuri to scan all of my websites real-time for malware, hacking, and any cyber vulnerabilities.
My sites are protected with HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) so that you can expect a secure and private online experience while using my websites. HTTPS is an internet communication protocol that protects the integrity and confidentiality of data between the user’s computer and the site.
Data sent using HTTPS is secured via Transport Layer Security protocol (TLS), which provides three key layers of protection:
- Encryption—encrypting the exchanged data to keep it secure from eavesdroppers. That means that while the user is browsing a website, nobody can “listen” to their conversations, track their activities across multiple pages, or steal their information.
- Data integrity—data cannot be modified or corrupted during transfer, intentionally or otherwise, without being detected.
- Authentication—proves that your users communicate with the intended website. It protects against man-in-the-middle attacks and builds user trust, which translates into other business benefits.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers (eg, Infusionsoft, Authorize.net, and Paypal).
I retain your Personal Data for the minimum amount of time necessary to provide you with the information and/or services that you requested from me. I may include certain Personal Data for longer periods of time if necessary for legal, contractual, and accounting obligations.
(Fun Fact: The term “cookie” is an allusion to a Unix program called Fortune Cookie that produces a different message, or fortune, each time it runs.)
- Tracking website activity. When you visit my sites, the server gives you a cookie that acts as your identification card. Upon each return visit to my site, your browser passes that cookie back to the server. In this way, a web server can gather information about which web pages are used the most, and which pages are gathering the most repeat hits.
If you have security concerns, please understand that only the website that creates a cookie can read it, so other servers do not have access to your information. Additionally, web servers can use only information that you provide or choices that you make while visiting the website as content in cookies.
Accepting a cookie does not give a server access to your computer or any of your personal information (except for any information that you may have purposely given, as with online shopping). Also, it is not possible to execute code from a cookie, and not possible to use a cookie to deliver a virus.
For privacy reasons, you may wish to view the cookies currently stored in your browser or control which sites you accept cookies from. You may also decide how long they may be stored and used. Most modern browsers offer the ability to control cookie settings; consult your browser’s help files or Google “How do I view and control cookies in my web browser?” and “how to clear web browser cache, cookies, and history.”
Submission, Storage, Sharing, and Transferring of Personal Data
Personal Data that you provide to me is stored internally or through a data management system. Your Personal Data will only be accessed by those who help to obtain, manager, or store that information, or who have a legitimate need to know such Personal Data (i.e., hosting provider, data processor, payment processor, or team members).
To use certain features of the Website or its content, you may need a username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password, and you are responsible for all activities, whether by you or by others, that occur under your username and password and within your account. I cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your username, password or account information. If you share your username or password with others, they may be able to obtain access to your Personal Data at your own risk.
How You Can Access, Update, or Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to:
- Request information about how your Personal Data is being used and request a copy of what Personal Data I use.
- Restrict processing if you think the Personal Data is not accurate, unlawful, or no longer needed.
- Rectify or erase personal Data and receive confirmation of the rectification or erasure. (You have the “right to be forgotten”.)
- Withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your Personal Data.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you feel I am using your Personal Data unlawfully.
- Receive Personal Data portability and transference to another controller without my hindrance.
- Object to my use of your Personal Data.
- Not be subject to an automated decision based solely on automatic processing, including profiling, which legally or significantly affects you.
You may unsubscribe from my e-mail list or updates at any through the Unsubscribe link on the footer of all e-mail communications. If you have questions or are experiencing problems unsubscribing, please contact me at team [at] lisarwells [dot] com.
I have a no-spam policy and provide you with the ability to opt-out of our communications by selecting the unsubscribe link on the footer of all e-mails. I have taken the necessary steps to ensure that I am compliant with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 by never sending out misleading information. I will not sell, rent, or share your e-mail address.
Third Party Websites
I may link to other websites on my Website. I have no responsibility or liability for the content or activities of any other individual, company, or entity whose website or materials may be linked to my Website or its content, and thus I cannot be held liable for the privacy of the information on their website or that you voluntary share with their websites. Please review their privacy policies for guidelines as to how they respectively store, use, and protect the privacy of your Personal Data.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
I do not collect any information from anyone under 18yearss of age in compliance with COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) and the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation of the EU). Our Website and its content is directed to individuals who are at least 18 years or older.
Data Controller and Processors
I am the data controller as we are collecting and using your Personal Data. I use trusted third parties as my data processor for technical and organizational purposes, including for payments and e-mail marketing. I use reasonable efforts to make sure my data processors are GDPR-compliant.
Last updated: May 2018