When it comes to prospects, here is my 4-step overview:
- Send relevant, valuable information to every prospect regularly, relentlessly and frequently. Do this until they partner, hire, buy, die, or beg you for mercy.
- Communicate with prospects efficiently aside from the normal, time-consuming, one on one methods. This can include email marketing, Send Out Cards, direct response mail, etc.
- Log all communications between you and the prospects in an organized fashion.
- Track the progress and measure the results so that you can make better business decisions.
In this video, I’ll show you how to log information and track your prospects using two methods: manually and using an online CRM system.
This week we are going to talk about prospect tracking and what to measure and how. Last week I told you how to get started in reaching out to those who are interested, your warm prospects, low hanging fruit, and either call them or send them a check-in email.
In today’s video, I’m going to show you two different ways to track your prospects: manual way or automated way.
You want to monitor your results so that you can make better business decisions. Here is the prospects worksheet, wat to track and how, very simple, it’s just an example. These are the things you want to track:
- phone number
- referral source
- You may start to notice a pattern of where you’re getting your referrals from, or if that networking event you attend every week isn’t yielding referrals you can do something else
- For example, if you are a health coach, you can put what their concern is or if you’re a marketing consultant like me, you could note their marketing issue or problem, or you can just add what is their business or industry if that doesn’t work for you
- What is the next step? You can use a pencil for this part so that you can erase earlier notes and add the ‘next step.’
You can download this sheet below.
Now I want to show you what it would look like if you are using a customer relationship manager (CRM) system in Infusisoft.
Why are we doing this? We are doing this because it gives you a little structure to your day, it’s part of your overall follow-up system, it’s setting priorities, what is important for you to do that day. If you come in and see the sheet on your desk and you know what you need to do, who to call, what the status is. Or, you log in to your CRM system and it has tasks for what you need to do that day
You may be tempted to just have a spreadsheet online, but my belief when it comes to this is “out of sight out of mind.” It’s too easy to forget unless the sheet is on your desk, right in front of you! If you want to go online and use a CRM program or app, just make sure you are consistent and log in every single day.
Catch up on other Follow Up & Follow Through episodes:
Sign up for my free simple systems for virtual assistants weekly videos and get this Free Download
Did you enjoy this episode and want to put it into action? Grab this kit!
Growth & Profit Plan: Offline Marketing & Networking Events
Too often I see people who have a critical patient on the table (STRATEGY) and they are busy decorating the operating room (TACTICS). As you have learned, all tactics with no strategy doesn’t work.
These simple marketing and relationship systems will help you discover where you’re wasting time and losing opportunities while teaching you how to take advantage of more of the people who are already coming through your virtual door.
Let marketing systems do the HEAVY LIFTING! Once you complete this part of your business, you’ll wonder what to do with all that delicious FREE TIME. If there was an autopilot button, you’d have to oil that sucker up because you’ll be using it a lot!
With this Offline Marketing and Networking Events Growth & Profit Plan, you’ll actually have a process to follow up with all those smart people you met at that conference last weekend who seemed interested in your offer, instead of using your old system (throwing those business cards in a shoebox never to do be seen again).
WHAT YOU GET
The Offline Marketing Growth & Profit Plan includes:
- Training video
- Downloadable audio
- Slide deck
- Leads Action Plan (so you know how to follow up with leads )
- “Finding the Right CRM System” decision workflow to help you determine what you need, how to pare down the options, and make a decision
PLEASE NOTE: Once you purchase, you will receive an email with your login/password to gain lifetime online access to your Offline Marketing training.