Today we wrap up this month’s theme of Seasonal Marketing…
As with all marketing campaigns, there are a number of methods to choose from, one of which we talked about last week and using free reports, and many of which you probably already do on a consistent basis. But there are lots of great ideas for promoting your holiday or seasonal sales that, because they’re not seen everywhere all the time, make your seasonal marketing campaigns even more memorable.
In this video, I’m going to go over 3 popular methods of how you can promote your seasonal marketing and I also give you examples of each.
Now that you’ve decided what holidays and/or events you’ll be focusing on and which products or services you’ll be offering, it’s time to consider how you’ll get the message out to your customers, potential customers, and the general public.
As with all marketing campaigns, there are a number of methods to choose from, one of which we talked about last week and free reports, and many of which you probably already do on a consistent basis. But there are lots of great ideas for promoting your holiday or seasonal sales that, because they’re not seen everywhere all the time, make your seasonal marketing campaigns even more memorable.
Today I’m going to go over 3 popular methods and give you examples of each.
Contests are a fantastic way to get your customers to participate in your business and seasonal campaigns offer a perfect tie-in.
Contests can be as simple as filling out a form or survey to be entered into a drawing, or as complicated as asking customers to record a short video testimonial for you to upload to your site. Some ideas for fun holiday-themed
- Submit a picture of your pet dressed up for Halloween – perfect for a pet supplies store or costume shop or other business that has a physical product.
- Write the greatest Best Man toast – ideal for a business dealing in anything wedding-related, or you can change this up to anything in which someone must submit something they wrote. I’m a huge fan of Laura Belgray and she will do contests where you’ll submit your email and the winner gets a makeover.
- Record a video to apply for a scholarship – Marie Forleo offers this as she opens up B school, her annual business coaching program
Submit your favorite low-calorie [name your holiday] treat – file management tip as you come upon spring cleaning,
You can also give your participants actions to take such as the person who shares my Facebook ad the most wins, which will help with your social media promotion
These have become very popular in the past few years and it doesn’t have to be your typical fitness challenge or blogging challenge, they can be based on whatever it is that you do in your business. Neev Arthur does her Ignite Video Challenge which I did last year, helping people go from camera shy to camera confident in 4 weeks. She taught a quick tip each day and we had to record a video based on her prompt.
Two years ago I did my 5-Day Business Freedom Challenge to help people start building systems to promote my Business Freedom Guide program.
Again, get creative – What can you do that would be a good challenge?
For the past couple of years, I’ve participated in the Best Year Yet Giveaway during the holidays. Participating in giveaways is a great way to be introduced to people in complementary industries or niches plus much of the work is done for you, you just need to create a product for the giveaway. Because my products aren’t necessarily Christmas-related, I dressed up my emails so that I could join in.
My advice is to start small. For decades, seasonal marketing has been used exclusively by the big players; huge retailers with multi-million-dollar budgets and advertising teams who worked all year to come up with a single holiday promotion. But there’s no reason your small, online business can’t benefit from seasonal promotions as well.
Don’t get caught up trying to do everything at once. Instead, start small. Plan one single campaign for the next 6 months. Then you can expand and build on what worked for you, and add other promotions as well. But most of all, have fun with your chosen strategies. Because the last thing you want to do is to just make more work for yourself without any pleasure in the process.
Catch up on other Seasonal Marketing episodes:
Did you enjoy this episode and want to put it into action? Grab this kit!
New Year Marketing and Promotion Planning
At the end of every year, most businesses take stock of how well they have done and also look forward to the future. One of the most important tasks you can do in conjunction with this evaluation is to start planning your marketing and promotions for the new year.
Planning ahead in this way is the best way to help take your business to the next level. It will serve as a roadmap of what you need to do, and when. If you are working with other people, such as colleagues or joint venture partners, it keeps everyone on the same page.
It also helps you manage your 4 main marketing areas:
- Your website or blog (content marketing)
- Email marketing
- Social media marketing
- Special sales and promotions, including important events like product creation and launch
These work together to drive traffic, generate leads (get subscribers), and make sales. All marketing is content marketing. It’s just a question of the format of the content.
I’ve made it super easy for you to plan your next product with these templates.
Here’s what you get:
- Insider’s Guide with quick tips on product creation, seasonal marketing, and holiday promotions, etc.
- 15 Done for You Templates, Calendars, Worksheets, and Planners (all in .docx format for easy editing)
- Year At-A-Glance Marketing Calendar
- Monthly Promo and Marketing Calendar
- Daily Promo and Marketing Planner
- Marketing and Promo Goal Setting Worksheet
- Promo and Marketing Goal-Focused To-Do List
- Product Brainstorming Worksheet
- Content Creation Checklist & Planner
- Content Creation Worksheet
- Product Planning Checklist & Product Creation Planner
- Product Planning Worksheet
- Product Promotion Checklist & Planner
- Product Promotion Worksheet
As you can see, everything included in the New Year Marketing and Promotions Planning Templates will make it easy for you to plan out your next product and promotion.