According to Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research, the value of a one-minute video is over 1.8 million words. That’s pretty amazing. When you consider putting resources behind video in your business, you will need to think about the value as you set your budget for video. Creating well-made videos takes a little more time, but you’ll garner the benefits if you do it right. If you’re wondering how you can use video for marketing your business, here are a few ideas.
1. Make Sales Page Videos to Improve Conversions – Video sales pages have been shown to have a high level of conversion. Some estimates put the conversation rate 46 percent above typical text-based sales pages. However, when it comes to video sales pages, quality matters a great deal. Don’t skimp.
2. Develop Demonstration Videos for Hard Concepts – If you have a concept that is hard to understand or explain in words then a video is the perfect medium to use to demonstrate your concept. Be sure not to skip steps, and explain concepts as you move along in your video.
3. Create Educational Videos about Your Topic – Outside of demo videos you can also create really good educational videos about a topic. Just pick a topic and one serious point to cover for the video. By explaining a topic carefully and thoroughly with video, your audience will come away with fewer questions and a lot more knowledge.
4. Tell Your Story in Picture Form – You can use video to create a wonderful “About Page” for your blog or website. Let the people know who you are, what your values are and how your business fits into your overall value proposition.
5. Use Explainer Videos for Hard Concepts – Have you seen explainer videos before, with the hand drawing out the examples? Well, it’s a proven fact that the mind remembers better when you engage as many of the senses as you can. By providing voice and a clear picture of what is being said, you will improve retention.
6. Capture the Importance of Your Product or Service – Sometimes it can be hard to show how big or how important your product or service is with only text and even still images. A video is a great way to show your potential audience everything you can about your products and services.
7. Collect Testimonial Videos by Having a Contest – A really great use of video for your business is to collect testimonials in video. You can do this by having a contest inviting people to enter by telling what they love most about your product or service. Further, have them invite others to “like,” “share,” and vote on their favorite video.
8. Create Videos of Your Google Roundtables – Google enables you to create Roundtables and Hangouts and record them. This is a great way to kill two birds with one stone. On the one hand have a live event, on the other repurpose the video for use later. With a little editing, it can even be sold inside of other products.
9. Create a Vlog – Video doesn’t have to be fancy to get views and convert. You can use video much like you do a blog, but beware that you need to try to give a professional view of yourself and your business based on who your audience is and what they expect.
10. Turn Your PowerPoints into Video – You can also add voice and music and even your picture within a video of your PowerPoint slides to make them much more interesting. It’s an easy way to break into the video marketing world.
Using video to create more sales, garner more interest and even perhaps to “go viral” can be fun and profitable. Get started if you want to see your sales explode.